Teen Who Threw Eggs At Disabled Grandmother Refuses To Apologise
Cohan Semple has refused to apologise after the vicious attack on 49-year-old Janice Morris last month.
Cohan Semple, 18, has said he "isn't ready" to say sorry to his victim because of the death threats he has received in the wake of the incident The Sun Online reported.
"I’m struggling to leave the house at the moment," Semple said.
"Since those pictures have gone on Facebook, I’ve had death threats from random people."
Semple and his friends, two aged 15, one 16-year-old and one 17-year old, who all can not be named, threw eggs and flour at Morris while she sat on a park bench in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
The group then posed for a photo while their victim cowered in front of them, which was shared on Semple's Snapchat.
The photo was then screenshot by another person before being shared on Facebook.
Morris was classed by police as "a vulnerable adult with mental health issues", said prosecutor Wayne Ablett during a hearing on Thursday at Ipswich Magistrates Court.
Semple pleaded guilty to a single count of using threatening behaviour which caused harassment, alarm or distress and is due to appear for sentencing on December 4.
READ MORE: Disabled Woman Allegedly Thrown Off Bridge
The four other boys also pleaded guilty and were each sentenced to a 12-month referral sentence -- meaning they must agree to a rehabilitative program -- and were also ordered to pay Morris £100 ($180AUD) compensation and £105 ($190AUD) costs.
The four boys were told by magistrate Simon Islett that had they have been adults they would have been facing custodial sentences.
A sixth boy, a 17-year-old, has admitted to being in the photo but denies throwing flour at the woman. He has been bailed and will appear in youth court on February 13, 2019.