Boy Died After Cheese Was Thrown At Him
Karanbir Cheema, 13, suffered from a severe allergy from dairy, and died when a boy threw cheese at him.
The incident happened at his Greenford high school, William Perkin Church of England school, on June 28 last year.
A fellow student chased him down and threw cheese at him, causing Cheema to go into anaphylactic shock when it touched his skin, an inquest heard on Thursday.
The St Pancras' coroners' court was told that Cheema had severe allergies to dairy, wheat, gluten, eggs and nut, was asthmatic and suffered from from atopic eczema.
At his family home he lived in with his parents, he had his own fridge and microwave to make sure his food was not contaminated.
Paramedics battled to save his life, but Cheema remained unconscious, despite being administered Piriton, an inhaler and pen used for treating anaphylaxis.
Responding paramedic Kieran Oppatt told the inquest he called for additional support, and tried to revive Cheema with a defibrillator and adrenaline.
He was taken to Great Ormond Street Hospital, but never regained consciousness, and died on July 9.
READ MORE: I Almost Killed My Sister With A Bread Roll
A 13-year-old boy from the same school was initially arrested on attempted murder charges, but was later released by police.
The inquest continues.
Feature Image: SWNS