Milo Yiannopoulos Tour Promoters Threatened, Harassed By Fans After Doxxing

The Queensland promoters of a trouble-plagued tour from right-wing commentator Milo Yiannopoulos claim people have turned up at their door with weapons after he posted their details online to his 2.3 million Facebook fans.

"It's been the worst six months of my life," claimed promoter Daniel Spiller.

"He's a nightmare."

Yiannopoulos, formerly of Steve Bannon's news site Breitbart, had been booked for an Australian speaking tour with conservative voice Ann Coulter in December.

The Australian tour, to be run by a business called AE Media, was prone to change -- other right-wing personalities including Tommy Robinson and Australia senator Fraser Anning were added then dropped -- before it was cancelled altogether in October, seemingly taking Yiannopoulos himself by surprise.

AE Media claimed "unforeseen circumstances" led to the cancellation, and ticket holders would have their tickets transferred to the tour of American personality and Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes, to be promoted by Penthouse magazine.

Federal senator David Leyonhjelm with Milo Yiannopoulos in December 2017. Photo: Getty.

A tangled web of chopping and changing followed, with Robinson joining that Penthouse tour, then Yiannopoulos himself, before McInnes was last week reportedly denied a visa to enter Australia.

READ MORE: Milo Yiannopoulos' Australian Tour Has Been Cancelled And Fans Want Refunds

READ MORE: Australia's Right-Wing Have The Tommy Robinson Case So Wrong

AE Media said in a press release last week it had "reluctantly commenced legal proceedings to ensure the return of funds" it paid to Yiannopoulos.

This week, a series of documents were published on the website of an Australian nationalist group purported to be texts and communications between Yiannopoulos and those involved with the tour.

The documents detail allegations the commentator asked tour promoters to pay a series of bills for him, including medical and living expenses.

Yiannopoulos during his 2017 Australian tour. (Photo by Lisa Maree Williams/Getty Images)

Yiannopoulos this week called out Daniel and Ben Spiller of AE Media, posting their personal contact details and addresses on Facebook to his 2.3 million followers.

The commentator had previously been slammed by his own fans after the tour was first cancelled.

In a Facebook post on Tuesday, he called AE Media "a criminal outfit" and "crooked clowns", claiming they had "leaked private emails" -- claims the brothers have denied.

Daniel Spiller told 10 daily that he regretted ever becoming involved with Yiannopoulos, and claimed he and his brother had been harassed and threatened by the commentator's fans.

"Just 24 hours after we sent him a legal letter, he went on Facebook... and doxxes us, he's getting people to come to our house," Spiller claimed.

"We've had four people rock up with a knife and gun at our house. We've had threats."

"He's trying to divert peoples' frustration, but he's made much more from us than what the ticket holders have lost."

Yiannopoulos, reached by email, told 10 daily he was preparing legal action against the brothers.

Yiannopoulos, wearing a "broke hoe" shirt, in a photo uploaded to Facebook on Tuesday

“I don’t give a damn what happens to these clownish crooks from Queensland. I regret nothing," Yiannopoulos said when asked if he regretted posting their contact information online.

"And there’s a lot more to come, including a class-action lawsuit on behalf of my fans. You can’t rip people off, dox people, hack their websites and endanger their lives without consequence. I am going to have a lot of fun in 2019 with these cretins."

READ MORE: 81,000 Sign Petition Calling For Gavin McInnes To Be Banned From Australia

Spiller claimed his company had paid $250,000 to Yiannopoulos, plus other expenses related to travel and social media promotion of the since-aborted tour. He claimed the promoters had made "100 attempts at negotiation" but could not save the doomed tour.

"He throws us under the bus, then later says hes going to work with Penthouse. We never thought he'd come out and blow it up," Spiller said.

"Its been the worst six months of my life."

In an email, Yiannopoulos denied he had received that sum of money from the promoters, and accused the Spillers of 'doxxing' him by releasing their communications.

He said he was preparing a lawsuit against the promoters, and has asked ticket holders, who have not yet received refunds, to join his legal action.

Ticket holders for the original 'Ann And Milo' tour are still awaiting refunds, with an email to fans warning that "this may take some time as we recoup fees from suppliers".

Spiller said it would still be a while before refunds are available, but said he was in contact with the Queensland Fair Trading department.

Fair Trading offices in NSW and QLD have been contacted for comment.

An Instagram post Yiannopoulos uploaded in October, announcing the cancellation of his tour

"We’re doing what we can to make sure they're taken care of, and we're in talks with the office of Fair Trading. We've got all the evidence to show we’ve done our part in making this work for everyone," Spiller claimed.

"We haven't got a set date for refunds, we just want to get the money back from Milo."

"The real losers out of this will be us, but we've got to make sure the ticket holders are taken care of."

Yiannopoulos said his Penthouse tour would still be happening in February, potentially without McInnes.

Yiannopoulos was permanently banned from Twitter for harassing actress Leslie Jones, lost a book deal after comments about paedophilia, and has been linked to white supremacists, including a video where he sang karaoke in front of people clearly performing Nazi salutes.