10 Things Going On In Australia The Last Time We Had A Makeover
The year was 1991, and Australia was a very different place.
It's been 27 long years since we've had a makeover, can you believe?!
Here we are today, feeling gorgeous and fresh. That old logo? We don't know her, sweetie! She's over! Cancelled! A thing of the past!
To show you just how long it's been, though, let's take a walk down memory lane and chat about what life was like the last time we freshened things up, yeah? Full disclosure, I was six in 1991, and very busy learning how to do things like read and write (endeavours that have proven very useful to me over the years, time well spent!) so like... go easy on me if I missed something massive that happened. You'd be criticising a six-year-old, and that's rude!
Read More: Oh Look, Network 10's Had A Refresh!
1. Bob Hawke was Prime Minister
He's the one who loves a beer, a true Aussie! He was in office from 1983 to 1991. Remember the days when we didn't change PMs every three to four minutes? I DON'T!
2. The biggest song of the year was Bryan Adams' "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You"
It was the theme song from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Another classic bop that was released in '91? Daryl Braithwaite's "The Horses". A bop!
3. Instead of their iPhones, everyone was glued to their Game Boys
I don't even remember life before my iPhone anymore, tbh.
4. The Oprah Winfrey Show premiered on 10 as a late-night show
I realise this gif isn't from 1991, I just think about it a lot, you know?
Read More: All The Stars Who Rocked Up To 10's Upfronts
5. The Adelaide Crows played their very first AFL game
They won, isn't that nice for them?!
6. Terminator 2: Judgement Day was released
No spoilers! I still haven't seen it!!!
7. Magazine covers were for mainly for supermodels, rather than actors, singers and other celebs
8. The fashion was less about skin-tight neutral tones (thanks, Kimye), and more about COLOUR
Can't wait for these trends to make a comeback, tbh.
9. Bret Easton Ellis released American Psycho
It would, of course, go on to be adapted into a film in 2000.
10. A girl stole my lunchbox out of my schoolbag and got in heaps of trouble for it
Sucked in, Rebecca!
Feature image: Getty.